I don't like to wait. Thats my first confession. My second confession is that I get impatient when things take longer than I think they should.
These pictures are of my daughter. You can't see her face, and thats because Ethiopia does not want you flaunting the pictures until you pass court. Last night, we got an email saying we FINALLY had a court date. We have to be in Ethiopia on March 8th, 2012 where we (hopefully) will pass court and she will legally be our daughter.
Its taken much longer than I think it should have. According to our agency's timeline, we should have had court almost 2 months ago. But if we had, several things would not have happened.
1. We would not have had the money for travel
2. It would have messed up our plans for our meetings in Thailand
3. We would have missed our oldest son's birthday
By waiting we see these benefits:
1. We get to be there for her first birthday (we will celebrate a week early, but its close enough)
2. We get to be with all 3 of our children on their birthday
3. I get to miss a week of school!
4. The weather will be nicer, so the boys babysitter won't be overrun by two boys with cabin fever
5. Our tax return came in, and we can afford all this travel
Timing is a tricky thing, but we can truly trust His timing.
In His time, in His time
He makes all things beautiful in His time.....